1 hr 20 mins
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence Show: Food 911 Episode: Chinese Spare Ribs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the chicken in a large stockpot and place over medium heat.
- 2Toss in the green onions, garlic, ginger, onion, and peppercorns.
- 3Pour about 3 quarts of cold water into the pot to cover the chicken by 1-inch.
- 4Simmer gently for 1 hour, uncovered, skimming off the foam on the surface periodically.
- 5Carefully remove the chicken from the pot and pass the stock through a strainer lined with cheesecloth to remove the solids and excess fat.
- 6Cool the chicken stock to room temperature before storing in the refrigerator, or chill it down over ice first.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Stock
Serving Size: 1 (4900 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2476.0
- Calories from Fat 1499
- Total Fat 166.6 g
- Saturated Fat 47.6 g
- Cholesterol 828.0 mg
- Sodium 854.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 209.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: