Recipe by Tisme
This stock must be made with only the freshest ingredients. The result will be a light, fresh-flavoured stock, and hence clean-tasting dishes. A Kylie Kwong recipe
- 2 1⁄4 kg chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- ginger, cut into 10 shards
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 bunch green shallot, cut in half crossways
- 1 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 6 liters cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the chicken under cold water and trim away any excess fat.
- Place chicken and all remaining ingredients in a 10-litre stockpot and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, skimming with a ladle to remove any impurities. Turn down the heat until the surface of the stock is barely moving and cook for 2 hours, skimming as required.
- Remove stock from the heat, strain the stock through muslin and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days or in freezer for 2–3 months.