Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Found in TOH's family favorites. A winner from Jenna Noel from Glendale, AZ. You might consider a little more pepper flakes.
- 226.79 g spaghetti, uncooked
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 59.16 ml reduced sodium soy sauce, divided
- 29.58 ml sesame oil, divided
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-in pieces
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 473.18 ml fresh snow peas
- 473.18 ml carrots, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1.87 ml ground ginger or 7.39 ml fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk corn starch and 1 tbsp soy sauce until smooth; stir in 1 tbsp sesame oil. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag and add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, remaining soy sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken in canola oil until the juices run clear. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the peas and carrots for 5 minutes. Add green onions, ginger, and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to pan. Add soy sauce mixture; mix well. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Toss until combined.
Our entire family gives this recipe 5 stars. Perhaps I should not rate with stars as I could not use the precise ingredients, but I stayed as true to the recipe as I could, given the ingredients I had at home today. I had to use regular sodium soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, & Splenda. I also used an entire teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes & will likely use more when I make it next, & using whole wheat spaghetti did not hurt a thing. By the way, the fresh ginger root really makes this dish! I will make this again, as my family has already requested it again for sometime next week!!!
This is a very filling dish. We enjoyed it. I did not have snow peas, so I substituted red and orange peppers. This made a lot of food and it reheated well the next day. Thanks for the recipe.
Very lovely!! My partner isn't a big fan of chicken, and he LOVED this :) I felt it was missing something though, I think next time I'll follow someone else's suggestion/review here and add some minced garlic. Mmmm. Should be perfect! Thank you for the recipe :) :)