Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this recipe on a local TV show called "Bay Cafe". It is very good and perfect for a light meal. Use more or less sesame oil to suit your taste! Be sure not to overdress the salad!
Sesame Peanut Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon sambal chili paste
- 1⁄8 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 bone in chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 head napa cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed and roughly chopped (optional)
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly on a bias
- bean thread noodles, fried in
- peanut oil, and drained on paper towels
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water with salt, bring to a simmer.
- Simmer chicken breasts for 10 minutes, then turn off stove top and let set for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and allow to cool.
- When it is cooled off, shred chicken and discard bones and skin.
- For dressing, combine all ingredients with a whisk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and dress with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat.
- Do not over overdress.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
I looked through so many chinese chicken salad recipes before finding this one. It seemed to have the right ingredients. It is a really good recipe. I am very happy I chose this recipe. I do a lot of Chinese cooking and this was better than any restaurant. I did use fried wontons instead of noodles because that is what I had on hand. Thank you for this recipe.