I saw this recipe on a local TV show called "Bay Cafe". It is very good and perfect for a light meal. Use more or less sesame oil to suit your taste! Be sure not to overdress the salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Sesame Peanut Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon sambal chili paste
- 1/8 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 bone in chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 head napa cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed and roughly chopped (optional)
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly on a bias
- bean thread noodles, fried in
- peanut oil, and drained on paper towels
- salt and pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water with salt, bring to a simmer.
- 2Simmer chicken breasts for 10 minutes, then turn off stove top and let set for 5 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken and allow to cool.
- 4When it is cooled off, shred chicken and discard bones and skin.
- 5For dressing, combine all ingredients with a whisk until smooth.
- 6In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and dress with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat.
- 7Do not over overdress.
- 8Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Salad With Sesame Peanut Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.9
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1080.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
sambal chili paste