Recipe by Kimschmee
I have lived in Michigan now for 13 years and not one Chinese Restaurant has Chinese Chicken Salad like they do back home in San Fran, Cali.... :(. So, this is as close as I can come to the real thing... I am not sure where I found this recipe.
Top Review by SonomaCook
There was a restaurant in San Mateo, CA called Szechuan Flower that made the most amazing Chicken Salad . They changed owners years ago and I have been looking for a recipe that comes close. This is it. The only change I made was adding a teaspoon of chili garlic sauce instead of chili powder. Adds a mild heat. I also added fried rice noodles as a topping. Delicious!
Peanut Butter Dressing
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chunk fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Chinese Chicken Salad
- 4 small grilled skinless chicken breasts or 4 small baked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups mixed lettuce greens
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- To make dressing: In a blender or food processor, puree the oils, peanut butter, vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and chili powder.
- To make the salad: Cut up chicken into small bite size pieces. Mix the ingredients. Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing.
- I use Mongolian Fire Oil and Hot Chili Sesame Oil over the top with chopped peanuts. Yummmmmmyyyyy!
- Nutrition per serving: 348 calories; 37 g protein; 15 g carbohydrates; 16 g fat (3 g saturated; 7 g monounsaturated); 83 mg cholesterol; 4 g fiber; 628 mg sodium.