Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different sandwich that tastes and looks great!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, boned, skinned, and cubed
- 1 large red onion, cut into narrow wedges
- 1 cup fresh pea pods, slivered
- 6 crusty round rolls, split, buttered
- lettuce or watercress
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix dressing of soy sauce, vinegar, oils, ginger, sugar and mustard. Add chicken, onions and pea pods. Toss well. Chill at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Fill each roll with lettuce and chicken salad. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with crispy noodles if desired.