Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I could drink this salad dressing but it's even better drizzled on a chicken salad. Makes a nice main dish for lunch or dinner. Not for the calorie or carb-conscious.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml rice wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml peeled grated fresh ginger (freeze it, peel with potato peeler)
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 7.39 ml salt
- 19.71 ml coleman dry mustard
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced (double if you like garlic)
- 59.16 ml vegetable oil or 59.16 ml canola oil
- 9.85 ml cracked black pepper
- 2 head romaine lettuce
- 59.14 ml toasted slivered almonds
- 59.14 ml diced celery
- 59.14 ml cooking oil
- 354.88 ml shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds
- Sift sugar& mustard together.
- Slowly add vinegar until smooth (whisk).
- Place mixture on top of double boiler (or use diffuser under a regular pot instead).
- Cook& stir on low until sugar is melted.
- Stir in soy sauce, ginger, garlic and blend well.
- Stir in oils.
- Add lemon juice, salt& pepper.
- Remove from stove, cool and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Combine salad ingredients and drizzle dressing over top.
You are so right, I could drink this dressing. Loved it. Made a Korean chicken thigh recipe to use in the salad. WOW was wonderful.
Great dressing, definitely cut the sugar in half! Not only is it a little less bad for you, but it was plenty sweet with just 1 cup (and I LOVE sweet). Otherwise, this made a ton so I could enjoy it on my salad throughout the week.
Deeeelicious! The dressing is so good. I was craving a chinese salad with some kind of dressing just like this one. I made it and it was sooo good. My husband loves it too. You might want to reduce the amount of sugar though, because I reduced it by almost half and it was still a lil sweet for me. Other than that, this recipe is a keeper! Thanks for posting!!!