Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from my mom, who got this from a friend, when we were living overseas. There are never any leftovers at our house.
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon msg or 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (more or less as you prefer)
- 1 head lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Mix the first 5 ingredients well.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix chicken and lettuce.
- Saute the almonds in butter.
- Add almonds to the chicken and lettuce.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the salad and mix well.
Absolutely fabulous. I'll keep my eye on Johanna2's recipes in the future!
Well this wasn't like the chicken salad I am used to eating,but I wanted something different,and so I tried this,I was not sorry I did,It was very good.It was very crispy and tasted really good.Thanks,Darlene