AZ Meg's Note:
My inspiration for this recipe came from Cook's Country. The chicken is so flavorful and moist!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (substitute half with sesame oil if desired)
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced in large medallions (boneless, skinless)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 4 scallions, sliced thin (optional)
- 1Juice orange into small bowl (should measure about 1/4 cup).
- 2Add vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, garlic, and cayenne. Whisk well.
- 3Pour 1/2 cup of mixture into 12-inch skillet with lid; bring to boil.
- 4Whisk oil into remaining orange juice mixture to make vinaigrette. Set aside.
- 5Add chicken to skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until meat is 160 degrees, flipping half-way through. When cooked, transfer to plate, cover, and let rest 5-10 minutes.
- 6Boil pan juices until reduced, about 1 to 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 7Shred or chop chicken into bite-size pieces, then add back into pan (with any accumulated juices) to toss with reduced juices.
- 8Toss lettuce, cabbage, cilantro, and scallions with remaining vinaigrette. Top with chicken.
- 9Optional: for extra texture/flavor, add slivered dry-roasted almonds and mandarin orange slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.9
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1096.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 27.4 g