Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe online. By the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine.
Make and share this Chinese Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons oil (peanut or vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken or 4 cups turkey
- 4 cups packed shredded napa cabbage or 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cashews (optional) or 1⁄4 cup peanuts (optional)
- carrot curls (to garnish)
- green onion (to garnish)
- For dressing, combine peanut oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in small jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well.
- Place chicken in large bowl. Pour dressing over chicken; toss to coat.
- **Salad may be made ahead to this point; cover and refrigerate chicken mixture until ready to serve.**.
- Add cabbage, shredded carrots and sliced onions to bowl; toss well to coat. Serve over chow mein noodles, if desired. Sprinkle cashews, if desired, over salad. Garnish with carrot curls and onions.