1/1 Photo of Chinese Chicken Salad
1 hr 40 mins
Every good cook needs a recipe for Chinese Chicken Salad at her fingertips. I thought I'd share mine with you. The dressing is divine. This never fails to please! I usually roast a chicken in the oven for this -- but if I'm running short on time, I'll pick up a roasted chicken at the grocery store or Costco. I normally double the dressing part of the recipe -- just so I don't come up short.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (skin removed)
- 1 large green cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 6 -8 green onions, thinly sliced (including some of the green tops)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed, stemmed and chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles (save flavoring packet for another use)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 -5 tablespoons sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 large garlic clove (minced or pressed)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1To assemble salad (do this as close to serving as is possible).
- 2Combine shredded cabbage, green onions, cilantro, water chestnuts & almonds. If making ahead, omit the almonds until final assembly.
- 3Add chicken to cabbage mixture along either broken/crushed Top Ramen noodles. Mix well.
- 4To make dressing:.
- 5Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly (I use a screw top jar to make the dressing in).
- 6Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- 7This is a great main dish served with some fresh fruit and croissants.
- 8Cooking time reflects the time to roast a chicken.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.3
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 324.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Top Ramen noodles
rice wine vinegar