Recipe by Mika G.
This is very easy Asian Chicken Salad recipe. I got it out of our local paper and now I make it all the time. The only thing I do extra is the addition of cilantro. Don't let the list of ingredients stop you. It's really easy! I usually double the dressing because we like it really wet.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 slices gingerroot, fresh, peeled (each about 1/4 inches thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups cabbage coleslaw blend
- 1⁄2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, julianne sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, garlic, sliced ginger, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper in a saucepan. Add water to just cover chicken. Cover, heat to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Drain and allow chicken to cook slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine coleslaw mix, sliced red and yellow peppers, green onions, spinach leaves and cilantro in a salad bowl.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into bite-size pieces and toss with coleslaw and vegetable mixture.
- Whisk together lime juice, jalapeno pepper, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, minced ginger and sugar; drizzle over salad and toss to coat evenly. Garnish with toasted almonds.