Recipe by Babs in Toyland
Very easy summer salad that has a lot of flavor. I buy the ready made sliced cabbage and chopped cooked chicken and so there is very little work involved.
Top Review by Little Old Me
I didn't like the dressing either, I just skipped it entirely. The salad had so much flavor I got away with it! What a crazy, yummy dish! I was skeptical at first and almost didnt make it at all but im glad I did... Wil definetly make it again!
- 1 bag Coleslaw (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package ramen noodles, crushed
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: Combine the sugar, vinegars, oil, salt& pepper and soy sauce and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken in the gourmet sauce for a couple hours before adding to the salad.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and add the chicken and dressing.
- Don't add the ramen noodles until just before serving or they will lose their crunch.