Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Very easy summer salad that has a lot of flavor. I buy the ready made sliced cabbage and chopped cooked chicken and so there is very little work involved.
- 1 bag Coleslaw (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package ramen noodles, crushed
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Dressing: Combine the sugar, vinegars, oil, salt& pepper and soy sauce and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken in the gourmet sauce for a couple hours before adding to the salad.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and add the chicken and dressing.
- Don't add the ramen noodles until just before serving or they will lose their crunch.
I didn't like the dressing either, I just skipped it entirely. The salad had so much flavor I got away with it! What a crazy, yummy dish! I was skeptical at first and almost didnt make it at all but im glad I did... Wil definetly make it again!
Sorry, but we really didn\'t think this was a very good dressing. It took a lot of doctoring up to where we could use it. I don\'t think recipes using soy sauce need additional salt. We added some sesame oil, fresh ginger, brown sugar,green onions and cilantro. Then it tasted pretty good. But to each his own, this clearly had good reviews, which is why I chose it. I would however, compliment your suggestion to toss the cooked chicken in that Yoshida\'s marinade. That part was very tastey.
This was wonderful!! I made it for a visiting sister-in-law, who is also a home economics teacher, so I wanted to make an good impression. I poached and shredded some chicken breast and put the dressing together ahead of time. When we got home from the airport, I tossed it all together, and voila! An delicious lunch was on the table in less than 10 minutes. She asked for the recipe . . . this one's a keeper!