Recipe by litldarlin
This is one of my step daughter Mollica's favorite salads. She made this for me when I came for Christmas last year, because she knows I love this dish. It wasn't suppose to be part of our Christmas dinner but it was made special by my daughter.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chinese chili-garlic sauce (available in Asian markets)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cabbage, cored, sliced thinly
- 2 ounces snow peas, raw & thinly slivered
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, thinly slivered
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chicken sesame oil, chili sauce,garlic and lime juice in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, tossing once.
- Cook the chicken on a well-oiled grill over high heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cool slightly, then cut into thin strips.
- Place in a large bowl; add the cabbage, snow peas, scallions, bell pepper and cilantro.
- Prepare the chinese dressing;.
- Place all the dressing ingredients below in a blender; process on high until smooth.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 3 Tbls. peanut oil,2 Tbls. Asian Sesame Oil,1 Tbls. smooth peanut butter, 1-1/2 Tbls honey,1 teaspoons Dijon mustard.
- 1 teaspoons soy sauce,1 egg yolk and Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Adjust the seasonings to your taste.(Makes about 1 cup).
- Refrigerate covered, until ready to use.
- Toss the salad with 1/3 cup of the dressing or as desired.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.
- Extra dressing may be stored in frig for about two days.