Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fresh, crunchy and so good! I made this up when my favorite Chinese dressing mix was discontinued. My husband loves this! We usually eat it just between the two of us while the kids eat a cheese pizza. But the kids usually end up eating some too.
For the Salad
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled cut into quarters and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, coarsely crushed (I do this in a ziplock bag and use my rolling pin) or 1⁄2 cup chow mein noodles (or a combo)
For the Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Prepare dressing by adding all ingredients to shaker, shake well and let sit a minimum to 1 hour.
- Boil chicken until no longer pink, about 10-15 minute let cool then cut into bite size pieces.
- While cooking chicken, chop lettuce, shred carrot, peel and slice cucumber, chop cilantro, slice onions, and crush peanuts.
- Put everything in a salad bowl and toss very well with dressing (you may not use it all).
- This is good with soft rolls or sesame crackers.
Delicious and very good for you salad. Loaded with vitamins and lean protein. We loved it. I substituted iceberg lettuce with finely shredded cabbage and used dried cilantro and red wine vinegar in the dressing. The dressing came out awesome !! Will make it again.Thank you!