Recipe by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
Fresh, crunchy and so good! I made this up when my favorite Chinese dressing mix was discontinued. My husband loves this! We usually eat it just between the two of us while the kids eat a cheese pizza. But the kids usually end up eating some too.
Top Review by Arichka
Delicious and very good for you salad. Loaded with vitamins and lean protein. We loved it. I substituted iceberg lettuce with finely shredded cabbage and used dried cilantro and red wine vinegar in the dressing. The dressing came out awesome !! Will make it again.Thank you!
For the Salad
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled cut into quarters and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, coarsely crushed (I do this in a ziplock bag and use my rolling pin) or 1⁄2 cup chow mein noodles (or a combo)
For the Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dressing by adding all ingredients to shaker, shake well and let sit a minimum to 1 hour.
- Boil chicken until no longer pink, about 10-15 minute let cool then cut into bite size pieces.
- While cooking chicken, chop lettuce, shred carrot, peel and slice cucumber, chop cilantro, slice onions, and crush peanuts.
- Put everything in a salad bowl and toss very well with dressing (you may not use it all).
- This is good with soft rolls or sesame crackers.