Recipe by Chef Ronald R.
I ate one of Wendy's Mandarin Salads and loved it. I decided to make my version. It is just as good if not better.
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 8 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 7 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups canned mandarin orange segments
- 1 cup chinese rice noodles
- 1 cup roased sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dressing by combining all dressing ingredients except vegetable oil and sesame seeds in a blender on high speed.
- SLOWLY add oil to mixture to create an emulsion.
- Add sesame seeds and blend for just a couple of seconds.
- Pour dressing into a covered container and chill.
- Rub each chicken thigh with oil, then lightly salt and pepper each piece.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes in 400 degree preheated oven.
- Chill chicken in frig. then cut in to bite size pieces.
- Build each salad by first arranging about 4 cups of iceberg lettuce in the bottom of a large salad bowl or plate.
- Sprinkle diced bite size pieces of chicken over the salad.
- Arrange about 1/3 cup of mandarin orange wedges on each salad.
- Next, sprinkle about ¼ cup rice noodles and ¼ cup roasted sliced almonds on top of each salad.
- Add 3/4 cup of sesame dressing to each salad and serve.