Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very easy, very tasty salad--good for a luncheon.
Make and share this Chinese Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts in teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2-1 head lettuce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup chow mein noodles or 1 cup wonton wrapper
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- Fry the chicken until done.
- Shred and add to the chopped lettuce.
- Add 3 green onions,chopped.
- Add the slivered almonds.
- Add the chow mein noodles,or you can fry wonton wrappers in hot oil. I prefer the wonton wrappers.
- Cut the wrapper in to 4 pieces and fry in hot oil,and drain.
- Now mix the dressing ingredients together but do not add to salad until you are ready to eat.
Delicious and different! Got some pre-seasoned teriyaki chicken on sale and wanted something different from the usual fried rice and broccoli. Found this recipe, and am so glad we tried it! Children loved it, I loved it..my only complaint was the dressing seemed a tad oily and separated VERY quickly. Kids told me to definitely make this again, and I will be!
I found this recipe on another recipe site and have been making it the past month and it is delicious! The only difference is the other recipe calls for walnuts instead of almonds. I'm sure either would work. Definitely a keeper!