Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The ingredients may seem unusual, but one bite, and you'll keep coming back for more!! Definitely not the traditional American pizza, very nice when you just want something "a little different". The combination of flavors is extraordinary! I use part-skim mozzarella to keep the fat-content low. Usually serve this with a green salad, but as I think of it, egg rolls would also be a great side! Sometimes I add veggies (onions, green pepper, mushrooms, etc.) before baking. MMM!
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter or 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (I prefer creamy)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 3⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 prepared pizza crust ("12-14-inch")
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In nonstick pan sprayed with cooking spray, cook chicken just until cooked through and no longer pink; remove from pan.
- Whisk together next 9 ingredients, and add to pan.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- When sauce is bubbly and starts to thicken, return chicken to pan.
- Cook 3-5 minutes, until sauce becomes almost like a syrup.
- Sprinkle cheese over prepared pizza crust in pizza pan.
- Spread chicken mixture on top of cheese.
- Add veggies (if using).
- Bake at 400 degrees about 15 minites, until crust browns and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.