The ingredients may seem unusual, but one bite, and you'll keep coming back for more!! Definitely not the traditional American pizza, very nice when you just want something "a little different". The combination of flavors is extraordinary! I use part-skim mozzarella to keep the fat-content low. Usually serve this with a green salad, but as I think of it, egg rolls would also be a great side! Sometimes I add veggies (onions, green pepper, mushrooms, etc.) before baking. MMM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter or 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (I prefer creamy)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar or 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 prepared pizza crust ("12-14-inch")
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In nonstick pan sprayed with cooking spray, cook chicken just until cooked through and no longer pink; remove from pan.
- 3Whisk together next 9 ingredients, and add to pan.
- 4Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- 5When sauce is bubbly and starts to thicken, return chicken to pan.
- 6Cook 3-5 minutes, until sauce becomes almost like a syrup.
- 7Sprinkle cheese over prepared pizza crust in pizza pan.
- 8Spread chicken mixture on top of cheese.
- 9Add veggies (if using).
- 10Bake at 400 degrees about 15 minites, until crust browns and cheese is melted.
- 11Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 586.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
prepared pizza crust