Recipe by JPsBarbie
This has the makings of a stir-fry with the convenience of throwing everything together. The veggies can be personalized to suit what is on hand or to cater to the likes and dislikes of the family. Simi likes it sweet and garlicky whereas my husband doesn't like it very sweet at all so depending on who is eating determines how it is seasoned. Serve over rice or lo mien noodles with some take-out egg rolls and fortune cookies for an easy Chinese meal.
Top Review by Elephant.Shoes
Super good, better than regular stir fry both my husband and I agreed. I also used a couple tablespoons of hoisin sauce in it and topped with sesame seeds. This is now my go to stir fry recipe
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 8 ounces baby sweet corn cobs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan and add chicken and veggies of your choice. (If making ahead I just mix everything in a gallon zippy bag and then pour it all into the sprayed pan when ready to bake.).
- Except for scallions and corn starch mix together sauce ingredients adjusting the amount of sugar and spices to suit your preferences and pour over chicken and veggies. Toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400 and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until chicken and veggies are done. Stir once at about 30 minutes and check for doneness.
- About 10 miutes before it is done mix water and corn starch and sesame oil and mix into chicken and continue baking to thicken sauce.