- 1 kg chicken breasts or 1 kg pork belly
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 100 g sugar
- 8 chinese star anise
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken or pork belly in to bite size pieces unless using bone in chicken.
- In a large pot add the water, soy sauce, chinese star anise, sugar, and chicken.
- Bring pot to the boil and skim off any scum.
- Reduce to a low heat and let simmer for about 2 hours, adding more water and soy sauce if the flavour becomes weak. At about the 1 1/2 hour mark add the boiled eggs.
- Serve with Hot Steamed Rice and Bok Choy.