Recipe by Heather'sKitchen
If you love pasta salads that contain crisp veggies you'll love this. The dressing is really delicious. The flavors get better after 2 or 3 days in the fridge. I got this great recipe from a friend.
Top Review by Eileen G.
This is a great salad - we love it!!Living in the desert Southwest, we have many days with 100+ degree weather - consequently, we eat a lot of cold salads! This one is different from the ones I typically make every summer, so that was a big hit with the family. I have stolen an idea from a friend and instead of going through the boil, cool, skin, and bone method when a recipe calls for chicken, I have been buying the rotisserie chickens at the store - I buy several at a time, skin and bone them, then bag and freeze. Then when I need chicken, I pull out a bag and let it thaw!! Makes life so much easier and no one would ever guess! Stay cool!!
- 16 ounces barilla plus spaghetti
- 2 cups diagonally sliced fresh snow peas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chili oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water for 9 minutes.
- Add sliced snow peas and cook for 1 more minute.
- Drain and rinse under cold, running water.
- Drain well.
- Combine pasta mixture, chicken, green onions and bell pepper in a very large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil. Also salt, pepper and chili oil (if using).
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to a week.