Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love pasta salads that contain crisp veggies you'll love this. The dressing is really delicious. The flavors get better after 2 or 3 days in the fridge. I got this great recipe from a friend.
- 16 ounces barilla plus spaghetti
- 2 cups diagonally sliced fresh snow peas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chili oil (optional)
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water for 9 minutes.
- Add sliced snow peas and cook for 1 more minute.
- Drain and rinse under cold, running water.
- Drain well.
- Combine pasta mixture, chicken, green onions and bell pepper in a very large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil. Also salt, pepper and chili oil (if using).
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to a week.
This is a great salad - we love it!!Living in the desert Southwest, we have many days with 100+ degree weather - consequently, we eat a lot of cold salads! This one is different from the ones I typically make every summer, so that was a big hit with the family. I have stolen an idea from a friend and instead of going through the boil, cool, skin, and bone method when a recipe calls for chicken, I have been buying the rotisserie chickens at the store - I buy several at a time, skin and bone them, then bag and freeze. Then when I need chicken, I pull out a bag and let it thaw!! Makes life so much easier and no one would ever guess! Stay cool!!
I used this recipe as an insparation really. I used soba noodles and the leftover veggies in my fridge drawer including green beans. It was VERY easy and VERY yummy!
This is very good, we loved it. Made as written but didn't have chili oil so I subbed a big healthy tablespoon of chili paste with garlic (sambal oelek) into the dressing. Yum! I will make this again.