1/2 Photos of Chinese Chicken Manchurian
Umm Abdarrahman's Note:
Chicken pieces cooked in spicy Chinese sauce. This is taken from one of the websites. Made this with Chinese fried rice and sweet corn soup. This dish is quite delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken meat, cut into 1inch square pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons crushed green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ajinomoto
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, dissolved in
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Mix corn flour, flour, salt and pepper with the beaten egg to make the batter.
- 2Dip the chicken pieces in the batter, deep fry till golden brown. Keep aside.
- 3For the Manchurian sauce, heat oil in a pan. Lightly fry garlic and ginger till they just change color.
- 4Add green chilies and cilantro leaves. Fry for a minute.
- 5Reduce heat, add chicken stock, Soya sauce, salt, sugar, pepper and ajinomoto. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Add corn flour mixed with water and give one boil. Add fried chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Manchurian
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 127.7 mg
- Sodium 590.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: