Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken pieces cooked in spicy Chinese sauce. This is taken from one of the websites. Made this with Chinese fried rice and sweet corn soup. This dish is quite delicious.
- 1 lb chicken meat, cut into 1inch square pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons crushed green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ajinomoto
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Mix corn flour, flour, salt and pepper with the beaten egg to make the batter.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the batter, deep fry till golden brown. Keep aside.
- For the Manchurian sauce, heat oil in a pan. Lightly fry garlic and ginger till they just change color.
- Add green chilies and cilantro leaves. Fry for a minute.
- Reduce heat, add chicken stock, Soya sauce, salt, sugar, pepper and ajinomoto. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add corn flour mixed with water and give one boil. Add fried chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve hot.
i loved the recipe and would surly enjoy the complements...it is easy
The proportions/taste is spot-on! At first, I thought about using ginger-garlic paste instead, but very glad I used fresh. I didn't have any cilantro, so I chopped some scallions for color. Thank you!