Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my favorite appetizer to get at chinese restaurants. Although this is a different version than I have had before, it is sure to be as good as the rest. This recipe comes from the Jasmine China Bistro in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- 2 pieces chicken breasts
- 2 ounces bamboo shoots
- 2 ounces water chestnuts
- 2 pieces black mushrooms
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 2 ounces peanuts (or pine nuts)
- rice noodles (optional-but preferred!!) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 ounces hoisin sauce
- Preparation: Mince chicken breast meat.
- Chop bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and black mushrooms into small pieces, then boil in hot water for one minute.
- Wash lettuce thoroughly, tear into round leaves and set on small plates.
- (The piece of lettuce should look like a bowl.) Mince peanuts.
- Cooking: Deep fry the rice noodles and set in the center of lettuce.
- Heat one tsp.vegetable oil in a pan, stir-fry minced garlic first.
- Add the chicken meat and cook over medium heat until almost dry.
- Next add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and black mushrooms, stir-fry with soy sauce and sugar for one minute before adding a dash of white pepper and sesame oil.
- Remove from the stove and pour mixture over the fried rice noodles.
- Sprinkle the minced peanuts over chicken dish (or substitution of pine nuts) Scoop two spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into one lettuce cup.
- Drizzle with hoisin sauce.
- Eat and enjoy!
These remind me of a similar appy that A Chinese resturant here in Ohio make Molly Woos. I put the peanuts in a blender so they were really fine and added some cheyenne to the sauce to give it the sweet heat effect. Lubie great receipe. really good with the rice noodles. Thx
We were studying China. My daughter had to make a Chinese meal and chose this recipe. It was really delicious! We would love to have it again!