Allybee Z's Note:
This recipe tastes exactly like a dish from my favorite Japanese/Chinese restaurant. I got it from Rachael Ray's page on the food network website. It is so quick and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 (6 -8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce, Chinese barbecue sauce, available on Asian foods aisle of market
- 1/2 large head iceberg lettuce, core removed, head quartered
- wedges orange (platter garnish)
- 1Preheat a large skillet or wok to high.
- 2Add oil to hot pan. Add chicken to the pan and sear meat by stir frying a minute or 2.
- 3Add mushrooms and cook another minute or two.
- 4Add salt and pepper to season, then garlic and ginger. Cook a minute more.
- 5Grate zest into pan, add bell pepper bits, chopped water chestnuts and scallions. Cook another minute, continuing to stir fry mixture.
- 6Add hoisin Chinese barbecue sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly.
- 7Transfer the hot chopped barbecued chicken to serving platter and pile the quartered wedges of crisp iceberg lettuce along side.
- 8Add wedged oranges to platter to garnish.
- 9To eat, pile spoonfuls into lettuce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.5
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 109.3 mg
- Sodium 318.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of