Prep 45 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Rachael Ray
- 2 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1⁄3-1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- coarse salt
- coarse black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped (or grated)
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, core removed, quartered
- 1 head boston lettuce or 1 head bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- navel orange wedge, for garnish
- Remove the tough stems from the mushrooms; brush mushrooms with a damp towel to clean; slice the mushrooms.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces.
- Preheat a large skillet on high.
- Add the oil to the hot skillet; add in the chicken; sear the meat by stir-frying for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms; stir-fry/cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add in the garlic and ginger.
- Stir-fry/cook for 1 more minute.
- Grate the zest of 1 orange directly into the skillet; add in the bell peppers, water chestnuts, and scallions.
- Cook for another 1 minute, continuing to stir-fry the mixture.
- Add in the hoisin sauce; toss to coat the mixture evenly.
- Transfer the hot chicken mixture to a serving platter and pile the quartered lettuce wedges alongside.
- Add the wedged oranges to the platter for garnish.
- To eat, pile spoonfuls of chicken mixture into lettuce leaves and squeeze an orange wedge over.
- Fold up the wrap and eat.