Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
All I can say is just try it, you are going to just love this yummy dish!
Top Review by Tiippo iippo
This was outstanding!! Better sweet and sour sauce then i've ever had in any chinese restaurant gf also agrees! There was just enuff breading for chicken so i will make some more next time (double is too much).. didnt make much changes only added maybe 1-1,5tbsp of soy sauce to give it a little depth(?) or somthing anyway it worked out great! Thank you so much for posting this i luv it!! (i used Muscovado brow sugar, dont know whats the difference with normal)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut in strips
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook celery, geen peppers and carrots in a small amount of water in a saucepan, until tender-crisp; drain, set aside.
- Combine flour, minced garlic, egg, ginger, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix well.
- Pound the chicken fillets with a meat mallet.
- Cut into strips.
- Dip the chicken strips into batter; coating well.
- Brown lightly in hot oil, in a large skillet; drain on paper towels.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 1-1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Stir in brown sugar; cook 1 minute.
- Add in vinegar and tomatoes; bring to a boil again.
- Stir in cornstarch and remaining 1 cup water, gradually.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly; add chicken, cooked veggies and salt to taste.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice.