Recipe by Charmie777
This is just like paper wrapped chicken from Chinese restaurants. My kids love to make and eat these. Very easy! Time estimates don't include marination.
Top Review by threeovens
These are strangely addictive little morsels. I found them a little tedious to put together until I got an assembly line going. I used a homemade hoisin sauce which I think has more flavor than store-bought. DH did not care for them, but he could not put his finger on the reason.
PAPER WRAPPED CHICKEN
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 40 -50 pieces aluminum foil, cut into 5 x 6 inches
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1"x1" pieces.
- Place in a shallow pan. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken. Marinate for 2 hours at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Wrap each piece of chicken in a square of foil. Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450º for 12 minutes.