Recipe by Tarynne
This is great for a light lunch. Double the recipe it is also good as a potluck dish. Always had rave reviews on this one
Top Review by - Carla -
This was really very good! I can see that when summer comes I will be making this quite often for light dinners. To make this more of a meal, I used two whole chicken breasts. I sautéd them with a tiny bit of oil and a few select spices the night before. I sliced them very thin and placed everything in a large zip-lock bag - Cabbage, Chicken, Spring Onions, Celery. I made the sauce the night before and when it was time for dinner I just put the rest of the ingredients in the zip-lock bag and shook it all up! Everything except the Ramen noodles - I don't generally like them, I substituted them when French Fried Onions. This recipe was easy, no mess to clean up, a healthy and delicious meal... what more could you ask for? Thank you for posting this recipe and joining the recipe Swap! :)
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken breast
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Layer cabbage, celery, green onions and chicken; set aside.
- Add toasted sesame seeds and toasted almonds and top ramen noodles just before adding dressing.
- Toss and serve immediately for best flavor and "crunch" (although leftovers are a welcome lunch in my opinion).