Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a dish my mother made regularly for us when we were growing up in the 60's and was the one I always requested for my birthday meal. Prep time includes pre-cooking the chicken.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (9 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup celery, slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 1⁄2 cups chow mein noodles
- Combine all ingredients except noodles, mixing well.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of noodles.
- Spoon into 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining noodles.
- Bake in 350 oven for 50 minutes or until hot.
I was so happy to find this recipe. I used to make this when my husband and I were first married but the recipe had been lost and forgotten. It was very easy to make and trouble-free. I doubled this recipe for my family and had one serving leftover for a lunch. The only thing that I changed was that I put the topping chow mein noodles on ten minutes before it was done. My family (including the teenagers) loved it! Thanks!
My DH and I really enjoyed this recipe and I will make it again. Thanks!
this is a great recipe! i will definately make it again. i did modify it a little. i used 98%fat free cream of mushroom and only 1 and 1/2 cups of chow mein noodles. 1 cup i stirred in with the casserole and the other half i topped with at the last 5 min of cooking. it didn't take 50 min. for me though. it was plenty done in about 30. wanted you all to know that the nutrition info is incorrect. with the lighter substitutions i made, it still had more calories than indicate. my modified recipe contained 1098 total calories: 274 calories per serving.