Recipe by Rainberry Blues
Okay, so this is nowhere even close to being authentic Chinese food, but it sure tastes good!
Top Review by Barbara #3
This was very good. I added Rice noodles instead of the bread crumbs and really enjoyed it. So did my husband. He said it would taste good with rice too. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can mushroom pieces, drained
- 2 cups frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry chicken in oil with celery and onion until chicken is done.
- Add mushrooms and peas and carrots.
- Stir in milk and soup.
- Add soy sauce, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- Melt butter.
- Add almonds and bread crumbs to butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.