Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Okay, so this is nowhere even close to being authentic Chinese food, but it sure tastes good!
Make and share this Chinese Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can mushroom pieces, drained
- 2 cups frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Fry chicken in oil with celery and onion until chicken is done.
- Add mushrooms and peas and carrots.
- Stir in milk and soup.
- Add soy sauce, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- Melt butter.
- Add almonds and bread crumbs to butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
This was very good. I added Rice noodles instead of the bread crumbs and really enjoyed it. So did my husband. He said it would taste good with rice too. Thanks for posting this recipe.