Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe off of a crisp rice cereal box and it is great! Simple and easy!
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups crisp rice cereal (rice crispies)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained thoroughly
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 1 can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup or 1 can regular condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine margarine and onion powder.
- Gradually add cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Set aside.
- Combine pineapple, chicken, soup, celery, green onion and soy sauce.
- Stir in 1 cup reserved cereal mixture.
- Pour into ungreased 2qt. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cereal mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
My husband ate the entire casserole save the small bowlful that I ate! This was not really my thing, but he loved it. That is reason enough for me to make it again.