Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yet another recipe from my mom. Definitely not the "real deal", but so good! Prep time includes marinating time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Chinese vegetables (bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, snow peas are all good)
- Slice chicken thinly; place into gallon size ziplock bag with soy sauce and garlic.
- Shake to coat all chicken.
- Let marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Longer is OK.
- Heat oil in wok or large frying pan over medium-high to high heat.
- Add chicken and marinade to pan and cook thoroughly.
- Combine water, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Add to chicken.
- Bring to boil.
- Add vegetables.
- Heat through.
- Serve over rice.
This recipe couldn't have been easier, however lacked flavor. We spiced it up with Hoisin and Jerk sauce - 1 tbsp each. In addition to that the sauce didn't really thicken up. I will use the basics of this recipe and experiment more.