Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cellophane noodles are also called "Sai Fun", but thin rice noodles may be used in a pinch.
Make and share this Chinese Chicken and Shrimp Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 lbs cooked large shrimp, shelled
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup cellophane noodle (thin rice noodles ok substitute)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt (to taste)
- Place chicken, onion, water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for approx 20 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken from pot and allow to cool, then remove the meat from the bones.
- Cut the meat into long thin slivers, and discard bones.
- Place chicken back in the pot along with the shrimp and mushrooms; bring to a boil and simmer gently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and the soy sauce and cook 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small skillet and cook green onions, garlic, and ground coriander for approx 3-4 minutes; add to soup just prior to serving, mixing well.