Sue Lau's Note:
Cellophane noodles are also called "Sai Fun", but thin rice noodles may be used in a pinch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 lbs cooked large shrimp, shelled
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup cellophane noodle (thin rice noodles ok substitute)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt (to taste)
- 1Place chicken, onion, water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for approx 20 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- 2Remove chicken from pot and allow to cool, then remove the meat from the bones.
- 3Cut the meat into long thin slivers, and discard bones.
- 4Place chicken back in the pot along with the shrimp and mushrooms; bring to a boil and simmer gently, for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the noodles and the soy sauce and cook 5 minutes more.
- 6Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small skillet and cook green onions, garlic, and ground coriander for approx 3-4 minutes; add to soup just prior to serving, mixing well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken and Shrimp Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 264.8 mg
- Sodium 328.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 43.1 g