Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very old recipe that my Mom would make years ago. Old memories are always good memories! You may want to update this recipe by adding fresh mushroom, sliced.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, raw and cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pork, raw and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup water chestnut
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- In large skillet heat oil, salt, and garlic;.
- Add raw chicken and pork, brown. Add soy sauce and vegetables; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add broth; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch, sugar and water in a separate bowl; add mixture to skillet and cook until thick, stirring frequently.
- Add pineapple.
- Serve over rice.