Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 red peppers
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 ounce fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- Core the peppers and slice into thin rings.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil with 1 tsp salt and fry the peppers for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tbsp water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into 1" pieces.
- Mince or finely grate the ginger.
- Fry the ginger and chicken in 2 tbsp oil until barely cooked.
- Add the sugar and sherry.
- Mix the cornstarch and soya sauce to make a paste, add to the pan and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add the peppers and stir to coat.
- Cook for a minute.
- Serve with fried rice.