Simple, easy and deliciuos! Perfect for lunch on a cold fall or winter day!
Make and share this Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and finely diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth or 4 cups stock
- 2 cups chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- Saute or poach chicken breasts, cool, chop, set aside.
- Saute in same pan, celery and onion in 1 Tbl. butter til tender.
- In large pot add chicken, sauted vegetables, broth, bouillon, and parsley.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Drizzle in beaten eggs, stirring briskly, til it shreds.
- Stir in corn, heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Delicious! This made a great dinner and perfect for the cold weather we are having. I kept to the recipe except I didn't use egg because I don't eat egg. The soup was very tasty and everyone enjoyed it. Thank you Wildflour - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*
Although not quite authentic, this soup was a good substitute when you don't have all the traditional ingredients. I made the stock with chicken carcases and used the meat off the bones instead of breast fillets. Instead of parsley I used finely sliced scallions. This was an econonical and tasty meal which the kids really enjoyed. Thankyou:)