Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on dlife.com. I do not have diabetes but was searching for a specific recipe and I found it here! The resulting dish is one that is high in flavor and low in carbohydrates. To lower the carbs further, the cornstarch can be omitted. This will result in more of a broth as opposed to a sauce.
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and lightly pounded
- 1 head broccoli, cut up
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup dried shiitake mushroom
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms in a bowl of warm water till pliable and soft, 20 minutes.
- Remove them straining the soaking water through a sieve or cheese cloth and reserving.
- Slice up the mushrooms and reserve.
- Slice up the chicken into thin pieces and coat with 1 tablespoons soy sauce, the sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a heated wok or large saute pan, add the safflower oil and briefly fry the chicken strips.
- Add the ginger and garlic and toss together coating evenly.
- Add the broccoli and 1/2 of the shiitake water to the pan and cover steaming for 5 minutes until the broccoli is cooked.
- Add the scallions and remaining soy sauce to the pan and cook 1 minute longer.
- The resulting dish is one that is high in flavor and low in carbohydrates. To lower the carbs further, the cornstarch can be omitted. This will result in more of a broth as opposed to a sauce.