Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have been making this chicken recipe for over 20 years.I don't remember where I got the recipe,but I think I got it from Angostura Bitters.The serving size depends on the appetite of your guests.
- garlic powder
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Angostura bitters
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 fryer chickens, split in halves
- Sprinkle 6 fryer halves with salt,and garlic powder.
- In a saucepan combine tomato sauce,juice bitters,onion and butter.
- Simmer until mixture boils.
- Brush on chicken.
- Bake at 350* 1 1/2 hours.
- Brushing with sauce several times during baking time.