- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients. Marinade chicken in the mixture for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in large frying pan on medium, then add chicken pieces, setting aside the remaining marinade.
- Brown chicken, turning once. Remove the white meat and add reserved marinade to the fry pan. Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Return white meat to pan and simmer for another 15 minutes. Uncover for last few minutes of cooking time.