Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve as a side for Asian-style food. Ready in 15 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occassionally, or until celery is crisp-tender.
Very good and different. The butteriness is quite unexpected in a chinese-style dinner but, as lovers-of-all-things-containing-butter, there was not much complaint here. Crunchy and mild-flavoured, it was a very nice veggy-side to accompany a multi-course chinese dinner.
I really enjoyed this recipe, it was a very nice side dish. The only change I made was to add a dash of oyster sauce. I will definitely make your Chinese Celery recipe again!
Liked the simplicity and crunchyness of this unusual (for me anyway!)recipe. Good flavours too.