Recipe by *Parsley*
Serve as a side for Asian-style food. Ready in 15 minutes.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Very good and different. The butteriness is quite unexpected in a chinese-style dinner but, as lovers-of-all-things-containing-butter, there was not much complaint here. Crunchy and mild-flavoured, it was a very nice veggy-side to accompany a multi-course chinese dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger