Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
My mom made this for us all the time when we were growing up. It's another easy dish on those busy days.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (6 ounce) can crisp chow mein noodles
- Brown hamburger,onion and celery in skillet.
- Pour into casserole dish and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Pour 1/2 can of noodles in and stir and remaining noodles on top and bake for another 10 minutes.
My husband and I did not like this recipe enough to make it again. Too salty from all the soy sauce and really just tasted like a hamburger helper.
I am rating this three stars because my husband loved it, my daughter hated it and I liked it, with the exception that the soy sauce was overpowering in the dish. 1/2 cup seemed like way too much. If I ever were to make this again for my husband, I would cut the amount of soy sauce in half. Thanks for sharing.
This was the best casserole. My husband and I absolutely loved it. It's way better than your usually hamburger casserole.