A simple, healthy and delicious vegetarian stir-fry.
Make and share this Chinese Cabbage, Snow Pea and Mushroom Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 white onion, cut into wedges
- 75 g almonds, flaked
- 3 cm ginger, cut into thin strips
- 150 g oyster mushrooms, halved
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 200 g snow peas, trimmed
- 1⁄2 Chinese cabbage, chopped into large squares
- Combine soy sauce, kecap manis, sesame oil and sugar.
- Heat peanut oil in wok over high heat. Add onion and almonds stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add ginger, mushrooms and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas, cabbage and sauce mixture. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.
We just finished eating this easy and tasty dish. It was a great way to use up the Chinese cabbage that I had in my fridge. I added the almonds in the beginning as instructed and they were a little too charred by the end, but still edible. I would either add them at the end, as Bergy did, or throw them in with the mushrooms. This is also a great recipe because of its versatility. I substituted 1 more tbsp of soy sauce plus 1/2 more tsp of dark brown sugar for the ketjap manis, safflower oil for the peanut, 1 tbsp ground ginger instead of fresh, 1/2 pound of shiitakes for all the mushrooms and 1 cup of edamame instead of the snow peas. Served over whole grain basmati rice=yummy and healthy too! Thanks Wendy's Kitchen :)
Easy tasty recipe. I only used regular white mushrooms and it was delicious.Fresh Shitake and oyster are difficult to get here and I do not care for the dried. I sprinkled the almonds on the stirfry just before serving. Thanks Wendy for a neat recipe