Recipe by birdie #3 (andrea)
this is a great family recipe that has evolved over the years, especially in the flavor department. it is delicious! everyone that has tried it always goes back for more! lol! i have made it so many times and it hardly ever lasts a whole day!
Top Review by wildpansy95
This is a very pleasing summer salad. I changed it a bit to suit my taste--I added 1 cup raisins; 2 T. sugar; 1 T. celery seed, and 1/2 Cup pine nuts. Next making, I will lightly roast the pine nuts. Thanks for this recipe!
- 1 head cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 lb chicken (canned or cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 ounces oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds or 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- add cabbage, carrots, green onions to a large bowl or dish.
- add chicken.
- crunch ramen noodles over the salad. it is easiest to break them up in the bag first.
- mix together sugar and vineger till sugar is dissolved. add oils and whisk well.
- pour dressing over salad.
- top with sesame and/or sunflower seeds.
- salt and pepper to taste, you can also sprinkle a little of the oriental seasoning from the ramen noodle pack, but not too much.
- let marinade in fridge for about 2 hours before eating.