Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Although I do NOT condone the consumption of ramen noodles, when I saw this recipe on Paula Deen's show, I simply had to try it!! I thought this dish was a lot of fun, and had great flavor. Best 8 cents I ever spent!! I use mushroom flavored ramen because there's no "meat" or meat products in the seasoning packets
- 1 head cabbage or 453.59 g bag coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 85.04 g package ramen noodles, with seasoning packet
- 170.09 g slivered almonds
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Shred cabbage if not using coleslaw mix, and place in salad bowl with green onions.
- Crumble noodles onto broiler pan, add almonds and sesame seeds and broil for about 2 minutes.
- Careful not to let sesame seeds burn.
- In a glass jar with a lid, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and contents of seasoning packet.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss well.
- Add toasted noodles, almonds, sesame seeds and fresh basil (if using) RIGHT before serving.