1/4 Photos of Chinese Cabbage Salad
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Although I do NOT condone the consumption of ramen noodles, when I saw this recipe on Paula Deen's show, I simply had to try it!! I thought this dish was a lot of fun, and had great flavor. Best 8 cents I ever spent!! I use mushroom flavored ramen because there's no "meat" or meat products in the seasoning packets
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cabbage or 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, with seasoning packet
- 6 ounces slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 fresh basil leaves, shredded (optional)
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Shred cabbage if not using coleslaw mix, and place in salad bowl with green onions.
- 3Crumble noodles onto broiler pan, add almonds and sesame seeds and broil for about 2 minutes.
- 4Careful not to let sesame seeds burn.
- 5In a glass jar with a lid, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and contents of seasoning packet.
- 6Pour dressing over salad, and toss well.
- 7Add toasted noodles, almonds, sesame seeds and fresh basil (if using) RIGHT before serving.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Cabbage Salad
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.0
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 414.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 9.8 g