Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is different because the noodles and nuts are roasted in butter. Quite a different taste!
- 1 head napa cabbage (regular cabbage, too, will work, ~3 lbs) or 1 head bok choy (regular cabbage, too, will work, ~3 lbs)
- 1 bunch green onion, with tops, chopped
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (not cooked and don't use seasoning mix)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds or 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (or could use sesame seeds if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix together cabbage and green onion.
- Melt butter.
- Crush noodles, mix with nuts and butter and spread on baking sheet.
- Brown lightly--350°F oven for 15-20 minutes (or can do this in microwave--3 minutes, stir, 3 minutes, stir, then every minute until all is light brown--watch carefully).
- Blend dressing ingredients. Chill.
- Before serving, mix cabbage mix, noodle mix and dressing together.
Excellent salad! I made this recipe for a church pot luck dinner on Sunday. I used regular cabbage instead of the recommended Napa Cabbage. Everyone raved over the freshness of the salad. Will definitely make this again. Made for PAC Spring 2011.