Recipe by AmyZoe
Wow! This is a terrific variation of a favorite recipe. I found this recipe in Capitol Cookin' "Politically Correct" Recipes from Idaho's Political People and then some. The pineapple is the secret ingredient. This recipe is courtesy of Former Senator Roger and Leslie Madsen. Serving size is estimated.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped fine
- 6 ounces ramen noodles, crumbled (WITHOUT SEASONING, 2 packages)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple or 20 ounces chunk pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice (from can of fruit)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar (seasoned)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds for 1 minute in oven or broil.
- Mix cabbage, uncooked ramen noodles, almonds, sesame seeds, green onion, and pineapple.
- In a separate container, mix salad oil, pineapple juice, water, rice vinegar, and sugar. Mix until sugar appears dissolved.
- Pour salad dressing over top of salad.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- You may add chunks of cooked chicken if you desire.